Wow – how weird to be writing “2017” in this post title! Partly because WHAT how is it already 2017, and partly because I’ve now been doing these recap posts for a year! So I figure I have to differentiate from last year’s “January | Recap” post!
Where was I in January?
Michigan (just for ~12 hours before I flew to London on New Years day!), Plymouth, Exeter for a few day trips, Prague!!!
Most popular Instagram…
My favorite Instagram…
January on the blog…
- I’ve been writing much more personal & reflective posts this month… partially with the whole NAME CHANGE (!!!) but also partially because I haven’t been traveling as much.
- I gave y’all some overview posts, of the 10 things I did for the first time in 2016, and then my 2017 (v v v loose) travel plans.
- I also tested out a bit of narrative on my wonderwoman customer service representative who rerouted my flight to London amidst a snow storm, and some expat-specific thoughts on the beauty and wisdom that is La La Land, and what it’s like being an expat in the UK during a bomb alert!
- Finally, as this month has been a bit rough on multiple levels, I’ve really been focusing on my wellbeing, and I gave y’all some of my most recent wellbeing tips!
January adventured like…
- This month has been a bit hard. I had a bereavement recently so it’s been about coping with that. I’ll write a post about it someday… but not for a while. It’s weird, actually, looking back at last year’s January recap post and seeing that I was actually coping with similar feelings.
- Lots and lots and lots of essays, and an extra neuroscience class. It’s been pretty overwhelming on the academic front so I’m SUPER looking forward to having a bit of a break in February!!
- In terms of travel, I’ve been spending my days in Plymouth, apart from two day trips to Exeter… but we are soon heading to PRAGUE which I am so excited about! The Autumn was quite hectic for me as I was on placement, so I don’t feel like I’ve had a chance to do much traveling for a long time.
- I’ve been teaching my normal yoga class – which has been hilarious this month with all the New Years resolutioners. The class size has pretty much tripled! Although it’s already beginning to dwindle a bit… but it’s been really nice to meet some new yogis and share the practice I love so much!
January tasted like…
- I’ve been trying out lots of new recipes to distract me from all these ESSAYS! My favorites have been Shakshuka, sweet potato, chickpea, and eggplant stew, Kathryn Budig’s amazing anchovie-based easy pasta sauce (recipe is in her book Aim True), also…lots of avo on toast!
- I also recently found a lactose free cream at the Co-operative Food in the UK. I super miss half and half in my coffees, which is something they don’t really sell in the UK. Mostly they just put skim milk in their coffees which always makes it taste a bit thin and bland. This lactose free cream not only tastes exactly like the rich, thick half and half that I love, but as it’s lactose free it makes my tummy feel a bit better after drinking it! Seriously, I’m never turning back. My British coffees have changed forever.
Here’s to February! What did you get up to this month? What are you looking forward to?