Well, June is gone… we’re into summer at last, and I’m actually in one place for a bit! After the craziness of my 2.5 months of travel (to England, Nepal, and Maine – yes a somewhat random assortment of places, I know), I was so ready to just nest for a bit. That was my goal for June and I (kinda sorta) managed to stay put!
Where was I in June?
Tennessee (Nashville, Columbia), Kentucky (Louisville), Michigan (Lansing, Grand Rapids)
Most popular Instagram in June…
My favorite Instagram in June…
June on the blog…
- 12 Best Coffee Shops in Grand Rapids, Michigan
- 6 Ways to Travel Responsibly and Leave a Positive Impact
- Trekking in Nepal: Ethics and Etiquette Considerations
- 11 Day Everest Base Camp Trek Itinerary (& Video!)
- May 2019 Recap
June adventured like…
- The beginning of the month saw me on a solo road trip down to Tennessee (for a professional development course for my board exams). I’d actually never driven that far on my own – about 9 hours each way. I scheduled it with a little stop off in Nashville where I stayed in an airbnb, explored some cute neighborhoods, ate lots of gluten free goodies, and even did some hiking. The course itself (hand therapy!) was great, if not a little overwhelming. However by the end of the trip I was SO ready to come home… that’s what months of living on the road and some emotional family events will do to you.
- I spent the majority of June dog sitting! So I wasn’t actually home for much of June at all. But the house was super cozy and in an area that I could walk to coffee shops. Which meant a lot of coffee, and a lot of work got done!
- …That is, until I got sick. I’ve been pretty sick the latter half of June. My mom contracted pneumonia after my grandfather’s funeral in May. She then gave it to my dad and I…oh what a joy! Honestly, it was really tough being sick. I was sooo fatigued, and really tough on myself about not being productive. I think after a month or so of general life craziness, all I wanted was to come home and get work done, and my body just couldn’t. Luckily I’m past the worst of it now but still hacking a bit! And taking daily naps, but maybe that’s not such a bad thing? Does anyone else get really frustrated with themselves when they’re sick… or is that just me?
- You probably haven’t seen me be that active on Instagram and social media. I’m just not feeling called to Instagram right now… I find that it sucks me in, drains my energy, and really takes time away from other activities. And I have so much I’m working on right now: freelance writing jobs, blogging, and my occupational therapy board exams. So Instagram is a sacrifice I’ve made, but I’ll be back I’m sure. And while I’m on this pseudo-hiatus, I’m actually working quite hard on the blog front. I’ve always preferred writing blog posts to instagram and social media, so that’s what I’m choosing to focus on right now!
I hope you all had lovely Junes – whether you were at home or traveling, sick or well! What’s everyone up to in July? I’m going to continue hunkering down at home doing work! I do have trip planned to the pacific northwest for the very end of the month, though because… well, I’m me and I can’t resist travel!
*Some links in this post are affiliate. I may make a small commission through these links, at no extra cost to you.