Here’s to October, the best month of the year when everything gets crisp and colorful and changes (and my birthday and candy).
OCTOBER IN EXPAT LIFE…
- As of October 5th the British government legislated that you must buy plastic bags at the grocery store… And I hope the USA follows suit soon!
- I gave two presentations and handed in my first two essays of my degree! But the work continues as I have my research proposal and two other essays due in November.
- I’ve been going to the International Activities Society at my university and met the most amazing friends from all over the world!! Italy, Spain, France, Hungary, India, you name it. I need to start planning a trip!
- Daylight savings time = SO DARK.
OCTOBER TASTED LIKE…
- I had my first “cheeky Nando’s,” a quintessential British experience I am told.
- Ate like a queen on my birthday, and expanded my cooking repertoire to include chili, quesadillas, and omelettes!
- I’ve been to the Dutton three times this month, it definitely deserves its own blog post soon.
- Finally tested out Glorious Art House in Exeter
OCTOBER READ LIKE…
- My reading for fun ground to a halt as I’ve been researching my dissertation
- However I’ve been putzing around the Internet and love…this article on how volunteer work abroad can actually oppress more than help
- and of course this poem:
OCTOBER ADVENTURED LIKE…
- I went zip lining and tree top adventuring at Go Ape! Definitely an item checked off my bucket list.
- Saw some Dartmoor ponies and beautiful views on this hike
- Bought my ticket to Dublin in November!
- Dressed as a snarky-political-undead-devil for Halloween, debatably the best holiday of the year.
My dad just arrived in England for a visit on Friday, so I’m excited about that, as well as a few other thrilling things happening this coming month. But you’ll have to stay tuned to see where I’m going, what I’m doing, and most importantly what I’m eating 😉