I’ve had a rather odd item on my bucket list for a while now: cuddling mini pigs in England.
I’m not sure how I first heard of Pennywell Farm, but it’s been on my radar ever since I lived in Exeter almost four years ago. As I approach the end of my time living in the Southwest, I’ve been trying to tick my Devon and Cornwall bucket list items. Cuddling mini pigs in England had finally made it to the top of that list!
As you are all probably aware from my recent instagram stress-captions, I have been in the throes of my MSc dissertation. So a hard earned pig-cuddling session was definitely due!!
Pennywell Farm is quite unique in that they have mini pig cuddling all day, every day. You can pet and play with most of the other animals as well – this is a very hands on farm and I’m all about that!
Probably my favorite part was cuddling the mini pigs.
However we also cuddled rabbits, guinea pigs, a friendly rat, and more!
Pennywell farm holds events throughout the entire day. We saw a falconry show, a hedgehog exhibit, and my favorite… the daily miniature pig races!!!
It was very tense… in the starting blocks were Albert Einswine, Amy Swinehouse, Snoop Hog, and Stephen Porking. All odds were in the favor of Snoop Hogg…
They passed on the first leg of the race in a blur…
Amy Swinehouse displayed some unporksmanlike conduct…
Everything was going well… (Until the racers got a bit distracted and had to be set to the task again)
On the return lap Snoop Hogg had a strong lead…
But Amy Swinehouse had a bit more to give!
With perfect form she began to overtake Albert Einswine for the silver…
And in fourth Stephen Porking wasn’t giving up!
How to get to Pennywell Farm
One reason it’s taken me SO long to make it to Pennywell is because it’s super out of the way (being, ya know, a farm and all). It’s actually on an unnamed country lane. However, it’s situated in Devon, right between Exeter and Plymouth, making it only a 30 minute drive from each.
- The easiest way, by far, is by car. Enter the Sat Nav code: TQ11 0LT
- On public transport, the closest train station is Totnes. From there you can take local buses (the 913) or a taxi.
- More info is on the Pennywell Farm “Find Us” section, or you can use my fave, Rome2Rio, to get directions from your specific location.
Pennywell Farm Prices and Hours
- Tickets are reasonably priced if you plan on spending the entire day at Pennywell, which I recommend. They range from 10.95 (students and concessions) to 14.95 for adults. You can book here.
- The farm is open 10am-5pm through to 29 October, and reopens for the season on 11 February.
Pennywell Farm, TQ11 0LT
So, what do you think? Is cuddling mini pigs in England on your bucket list? Do you approve of pig-cuddling as stress relief?
Pin it for later…