Ah, February… The classic worst month of the year full of too-early sunsets, slushy snowy mess, and bitter cold. We are lucky it’s the shortest month, even in leap year! Although I’m happy to have survived this dreaded winter month I will say it’s been one of my better Februaries yet! Of course the weather is MUCH milder in southwest England than my harsh and snowy homeland in America. But I’ve also been keeping busy with placement and picking up some part time work… All making for a very jolly month for me (apologies to any readers currently snowed in)!
FEBRUARY ADVENTURED LIKE…
Lots of daily life adventures this month!
- I’ve been working full time at my placement with refugees, and I’ve managed to see every corner of Plymouth this past month. Every day has been so wonderful and I’m learning so much and meeting so many kind people from all over the world. I’m going to be very sad in four weeks when it’s over!
- I’ve started teaching yoga again after a brief hiatus when the gym switched managers… You can catch me Sundays 7:30-8:30 for £2, more info on my yoga here.
- Also I’ve gotten into pet sitting! Such an easy, fun, and cuddly way to make some extra money! I’ll be writing a post soon on part time jobs so keep checking back here.
- I wrote a post on my windy experience touring Ireland and the cliffs of Moher with this Irish tour company.
- Also managed to go on a few nice walks in Cornwall and Dorset which I’ll post more photos of soon!
- Finally, I’ve gotten back into running and managed to run 6 miles on Thursday! Think I’m not quite ready for another half marathon but it feels good to get back on the trails.