Happy December 1st, or as my English friends have been reminding me, “24 sleeps ’til Christmas!” The British love Christmas. And with no Thanksgiving to slow the train down, I found myself at Christmas related events all the way back in October!!
My American morals wouldn’t let me publish this post until after Thanksgiving (even though I may have written it a while ago….). So here is my British winter bucket list… Mostly holiday season themed so perhaps I will update it in January.
- Go to as many Christmas markets as I can
- Drink mulled wine
- Drink mulled cider
- Have a flat Christmas meal
- Visit Dublin
- Visit Cardiff’s Winter Wonderland
- See the Northern lights
- Turn in all of my essays early
- Go ice skating (indoors and outdoors!)
- Drink buck fizz
- Visit the Eden Project in Cornwall (to see the Reindeer!)
- Eat a mince pie
- Eat Christmas pudding
- Write some poetry
- Open Christmas Crackers
- Make Christmas cards and presents
- Watch the Plymouth Christmas lights turn on
- Go to a society Christmas meal
- Do something for charity
- Play music in a nursing home
I’m also happy to say this is my first post that I’ve published as a travel link-up! I’m excited to check out everyone else’s posts on the holiday season. Merry December everyone!