Norway wasn’t what I was expecting.
Or was it just that I didn’t have any expectations?
I spent a night at a mountain cabin on the west coast, and was talking with a Norwegian guy who made an offhand comment – it’s better not to plan because then it’s impossible for things to not go according to plan.
Things that surprised me in Norway:
- I got a sun burn
- I swam in the North Sea (and saw a jelly fish)
- I spent a night in a mountain cabin running from sauna to clear cold starry night
- There are grass roofs and people tie goats on them to keep them maintained
- So many barbecues I thought I was back in the homeland
- The ice cream and McDonalds are ???
- I drank red wine and watched the sun set over the North Sea at 11pm
- The people are just as crazy and silly as anywhere else in the world
Things that didn’t surprise me:
- I loved it.
So here’s to more spontaneous adventures.
Music: Calcifer | Yoste
Thank you to my hosts, Lene, Kristina & Marie.
PS. Stay tuned these next couple weeks for posts on:
Oslo in 24 Hours
Outskirts of Oslo
Hiking Pulpit Rock
My Night in a Norwegian Mountain Cabin
Norway on a Budget
Eating Gluten Free in Norway